The characteristic neon sign is one of the oldest preserved illuminated advertisements. It was designed in 1958 by Maksymilian Krzyżanowski. Between 2014 and 2015, the neon – with our participation – was renovated. The bookstore closed at the end of last year. Despite this, the housing community and the owner of the previously rented premises have decided to keep the historic neon sign in its original location on the façade of the building.
Foto © Ilona Karwińska album ‘Neon Revolution’ 2020